Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I keep an mp3 file as an mp3 when burning to CD, vs it appearing as a cda file once burned?

I make mp3 CD's all the time. However, today once I burned the CD and went back to check it for accuracy, the file extensions on the newly burned CD were now "cda" files, instead of mp3 files. I've not changed any preferences or settings on my computer and I'm the only one who uses it. I don't know why as recently as last week, my CD burned mp3 files and they stayed as mp3 files, but today when I burned mp3 files, once on the CD the extension was "cda". How do I fix this? I use Roxio Easy CD Creator (and have for years.) I make CD's as part of my business, but today all I'm getting are "cda" files that no one can use. Can anyone explain this to me?

How do I keep an mp3 file as an mp3 when burning to CD, vs it appearing as a cda file once burned?
Yes ^^^ , burn as a data CD and NOT as an audio CD. You will be able to burn tons of MP3s onto that CD. Be aware that not all CD players can play MP3s.
Reply:Burn it as a Data CD, not an audio cd. It will keep the mp3s as mp3s.


No comments:

Post a Comment