Sunday, August 22, 2010

Unable to record and save mp3 thru stereo mix record settings?

Hi,


I've been facing a problem lately while recording audio and saving it as mp3 files. I use creative mediasource player and its mp3 plugin to record and save the audio as mp3. Earlier I would set the recording source to 'stereo mix' and play the music and press the record button to record it. After stopping the recording i was automatically prompted to save the file. Nowadays, when i follow the same process, i get a small file of 4-5kb in size saved as an mp3. On playing this file, there is no audio to be heard. It appears as if there's no audio data in this mp3 file at all.





I'm surprised as to why am i not able to save the audio as mp3/wav/wma format even after recording the audio thru stereo mix thru creative's mediasource software. I was able to do this successfully earlier. I dont know what has changed since then that the recording doesnt work.





Using stereo mix to record thru 'audacity' works very well though.





Eagerly awaiting your kind and helpful replies.





Thanks.

Unable to record and save mp3 thru stereo mix record settings?
So why not just use it w/ Audacity then?


It's very simple and you seem to not have any problems w/ it...





I know I didn't help much but I believe that Audacity is the solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment